Is someone on the phone telling you to use a gift card to:
- pay an IRS debt;
- keep your Social Security benefits;
- keep your utilities on (electricity, water or gas);
- pay for tech support;
- pay for a family member in trouble;
- pay a member of the military needing money;
- pay bail or ransom;
- or, avoid arrest or deportation?
If you answered yes, HANG UP. It’s a scam.
Gift cards are for gifts, not for paying someone.
We’re here to help.
Report Scams to the FTC
If you were scammed or think you saw a scam, report it to the Federal Trade Commission by visiting ReportFraud.ftc.gov.