DuTrac Community Credit Union Scholarship Program
Supporting our student members.
The DuTrac Community Credit Union scholarship recognizes DuTrac members who demonstrate scholastic excellence, are in good standing as a member and are interested in advancing their education at an accredited community college, trade school, technical college, or university.
DuTrac will award up to seven non-renewable scholarships of $1,000 each for the academic year. Applicants may qualify for only one award.
Applications close on Friday, March 31, 2023.
- Entrants must have an account established in their name and be a member in good standing for at least one year at DuTrac Community Credit Union.
- Entrants must be classified as a high-school senior and be accepted as an incoming freshman at an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university.
- Children of DuTrac Community Credit Union employees and board members are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Incomplete or applications not fulfilling the entry requirements will not be included in the judging.
There are two different options available to apply for this scholarship.
Entrants must write an essay with a minimum of 500 words double-spaced or create a 60-to 90-second video on the following: DuTrac’s current tagline (a slogan or phrase associated with an organization, e.g., Nike: “Just Do It” or John Deere: “Nothing Runs Like a Deere”) is “It’s all possible with DuTrac!”
- If you were to create a new tagline or slogan for DuTrac (one not associated in the past or present with any other organization in the USA), what would it be, and what are your reasons for selecting it?
- Shades of maroon and dark green have been associated with DuTrac since it was founded in 1946. These colors represent DuTrac’s corporate colors. What colors do you feel express DuTrac to you and your community?
- Please write down three words that represent DuTrac to you and your family? Please provide an explanation for each word.
Judging will be accomplished by a panel of impartial judges selected by DuTrac Community Credit Union. DuTrac Community Credit Union will calculate the results, announce and contact the winners.
- Each judge will award a maximum of 10 points for combined curricular and extracurricular activities and 10 points in the area of scholastic achievement. An additional 30 points will be awarded based on the personal essay or video. Judges will base essay and video scores on the following: originality, correct grammar and punctuation, neatness, spelling and clarity of intent.
- All entries will become the property of DuTrac Community Credit Union upon receipt.
- By submitting your video entry, you grant permission to DuTrac Community Credit Union to post your submission on the www.DuTrac.org website and affiliate websites.
- If entering a video essay it must be an original video that is 60 to 90 seconds in length. When filming video, entrants are to obtain written permission of third parties if filming on property other than that of the entrant’s.
If music is incorporated into the entrant’s video, the entrant is responsible for submitting a complete list of production credits. Music must be original or written permission by the music’s composer/author must be provided.
The video submission must meet the following criteria:
- Video entries must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, and libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, indecent, slanderous, and discriminatory in any way. DuTrac Community Credit Union reserves the right to discard or disqualify any entry it deems to contain inappropriate, offensive or is not in keeping with DuTrac’s image.
- It must not contain content, material, or any element that displays any third-party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark, or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party.
- It must be an original, unpublished work that does not contain, incorporate, or otherwise use any content, music, material, or element that is owned by a third party or entity. Failing to provide proper documentation of permission to use such materials will result in the entry being disqualified.
- Videos from digital cameras, camcorders, and phones are all acceptable if they’re in .wmv, avi, .mov, or .mpg format and must be successfully submitted via e-mail.
- Selected winner must begin studies within one year of the date of written notification of the scholarship award.
- Selected winner must be enrolled as a full-time student for second semester at an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university and provide DuTrac Community Credit Union with written verification of full-time enrollment before funds can be released.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the institution in the name of the recipient within three months of written notification of full-time enrollment for the second semester. If the recipient decides later not to attend post-graduate school or becomes ineligible per the guidelines outlined herein, he/she must forfeit the scholarship funds.
- Scholarship funds will be used for tuition reimbursement only.
- Applicants must provide an official copy of their most recent high school transcript, completed application, essay of at least 500 words double-spaced or video, college acceptance letter and senior photo.
DuTrac Community Credit Union has the sole authority to amend rules to ensure fairness in the awarding of these scholarships.
For additional information or questions concerning this scholarship program, please contact Karen Tegeler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-585-8584.
Apply by mail or email
Completed applications** can be dropped off at any DuTrac Community Credit Union office, mailed to DuTrac Community Credit Union, PO Box 3250, Dubuque, IA 52004-3250, Attn: Karen Tegeler; or emailed to email@example.com.
**Incomplete or applications not fulfilling the entry requirements will not be included in the judging.